Due to the virus, we will not have gatherings this year. However, we will have reading and prizes!
What do you want to accomplish this year?
Pre-school through 2nd grade will check out 15 picture books.
Grade 3 and 4 will check out and read 4 JE books. (The thin beginner chapter books.)
Grade 5 and older will check out and read 2 chapter books or 5 graphic novels. We have thin chapter books and thick ones. Choose which is best for you!
Audio books also count!
Yes, the library is closed, but we will be using our curbside service to deliver your items. Find a time that works best for you to come to the library to pick out books and child’s T-Shirt:
Monday Wednesday Friday 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday Thursday 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Please email frbyCHILDlib@yahoo.com, or call 402-729-2843, to register your child.
Get a small gift just for signing up! Everyone who completes the program will receive ten entries for one of five grand prizes! Additional entries can be earned reading a fantasy, fairy tale, or book of folklore.
To complete the program, just complete any combination of ten activities:
-Read at least two books
-Complete any (or all!) activity sheet(s).
-Use your imagination to tell your story!
- Take a virtual tour of a museum or natural history site
- Create a fairytale garden or terrarium
- Cook an exotic food
- Play a game of imagination
- Do a craft and make a wand, dragon, or other item of fantasy
- Tell or act out a story
- Listen to someone else’s story
- Paint or draw a picture
- Write your own story
- Dress up like a wizard, fairy, or other mythical creature
- Build a fort or castle out of cardboard
- Watch a movie with a dragon in it
- Use your imagination! What else can you do?!