{"id":82,"date":"2015-12-03T17:43:18","date_gmt":"2015-12-03T17:43:18","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/fairburylibrary.org\/?page_id=82"},"modified":"2019-06-14T18:25:49","modified_gmt":"2019-06-14T18:25:49","slug":"history-of-the-library","status":"publish","type":"page","link":"https:\/\/fairburylibrary.org\/index.php\/history-of-the-library\/","title":{"rendered":"History of the Library"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>[vc_row full_width=&#8221;stretch_row_content&#8221;][vc_column width=&#8221;1\/6&#8243;][\/vc_column][vc_column width=&#8221;1\/3&#8243;][vc_column_text]Fairbury Public Library was built in 1909 with funds provided by Andrew Carnegie. The library is located at 7th and F Streets. The original Carnegie library is one of 69 Carnegie libraries in the state of Nebraska. This historic building now houses the children&#8217;s department of the library. In 1988 a new addition was completed, which houses the adult department of the library, public access computers, genealogy section, library director&#8217;s office, meeting room area, copy machine and microfilm reader. The library is a repository for genealogical information for Jefferson County.[\/vc_column_text][\/vc_column][vc_column width=&#8221;1\/6&#8243;][vc_column_text]<a href=\"http:\/\/fairburylibrary.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2015\/08\/library3.jpg\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" class=\"alignnone wp-image-707\" src=\"http:\/\/fairburylibrary.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2015\/08\/library3.jpg\" alt=\"\" width=\"195\" height=\"126\" \/><\/a>[\/vc_column_text][\/vc_column][\/vc_row]<\/p>\n","protected":false},"excerpt":{"rendered":"<p>[vc_row full_width=&#8221;stretch_row_content&#8221;][vc_column width=&#8221;1\/6&#8243;][\/vc_column][vc_column width=&#8221;1\/3&#8243;][vc_column_text]Fairbury Public Library was built in 1909 with funds provided by Andrew Carnegie. The library is located at 7th and F Streets. The original Carnegie library is one of 69 Carnegie libraries in the state of Nebraska. This historic building now houses the children&#8217;s department of the library. In 1988 a new &hellip; <a href=\"https:\/\/fairburylibrary.org\/index.php\/history-of-the-library\/\" class=\"more-link\">Continue reading <span class=\"screen-reader-text\">History of the Library<\/span> <span class=\"meta-nav\">&rarr;<\/span><\/a><\/p>\n","protected":false},"author":0,"featured_media":0,"parent":0,"menu_order":0,"comment_status":"closed","ping_status":"closed","template":"","meta":{"_monsterinsights_skip_tracking":false,"footnotes":""},"folder":[],"class_list":["post-82","page","type-page","status-publish","hentry"],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/fairburylibrary.org\/index.php\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/pages\/82","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/fairburylibrary.org\/index.php\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/pages"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/fairburylibrary.org\/index.php\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/page"}],"replies":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/fairburylibrary.org\/index.php\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/comments?post=82"}],"version-history":[{"count":5,"href":"https:\/\/fairburylibrary.org\/index.php\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/pages\/82\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":1648,"href":"https:\/\/fairburylibrary.org\/index.php\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/pages\/82\/revisions\/1648"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/fairburylibrary.org\/index.php\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=82"}],"wp:term":[{"taxonomy":"folder","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/fairburylibrary.org\/index.php\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/folder?post=82"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}