Learn a new language@Fairbury Public Library!
- Mango rapidly builds language proficiency and cultural understanding around real-world communication skills that you’ll actually need.
- Mango breaks things down into small, bite-sized chunks; then challenges you to build them back up into full sentences. You’ll learn language structure and vocabulary in a highly intuitive and contextual way.
- Mango gives you the crucial cultural insights you’ll need to communicate appropriately, meet new friends, and fully understand your new language.
- Like to watch movies? Imagine having everything you need to learn a new language through foreign film. With Mango, you get real entertainment immersion to take your skills to the next level.
- Mango goes wherever you go with full apps for iOS and Android mobile devices. Twelve language courses available in the palm of your hand.
The Mango Web page can be accessed either through the link on the Fairbury Public Library’s home page, or through the link on Apollo, the library’s online catalog. When using the Apollo link from outside the library it will first be necessary to log into your library account.
Once you have accessed Mango, you will have the option of either creating an account, or entering as a guest. Inside the library it is not necessary to create an account; however, an account will allow you to track your progress over the course of your studies. From outside the library, you cannot enter as a guest and must enter your library card number and create an account. Once you’ve entered your library card number (starting with the P), you will be asked to enter an email address, or other user name, and create a password. This is the only time you will need your library card number and on future visits will use your user name and password to access Mango.
See these YouTube videos for information about the program and how to get started:
- How Mango Works – Our Intuitive Language Construction Methodology Explained
- Mango Languages Tutorial – A walk through of all the features of our software
- Best Trip Ever! – User Experience Webcommercial
Have fun! Please contact the library if you have any questions!