Welcome to StoryWalk®at Fairbury City Park
A Storywalk® combines physical activity with books to help build children’s interest in reading while encouraging healthy activity for all! It begins on the southeast side of the Frontier Fun Park near the gravel parking lot. From there, follow the story by walking around the circle!
February’s StoryWalk® Book continued for March:
School is starting in the forest, but Chester Raccoon does not want to go. To help ease Chester’s fears, Mrs. Raccoon shares a family secret called the Kissing Hand to give him the reassurance of her love any time his world feels a little scary.
Check out the StoryWalk® page for more information.
The Library is giving away a Kindle fire!
Earn entries into a grand prize drawing for a Kindle fire by participating in monthly activities. March is the last month to play! Complete a library scavenger hunt. Find as few, or as many as you wish. Receive an entry just by returning your sheet, regardless of how many titles you found. However, complete them all and receive a bonus entry!
We are still taking donations for the children’s snack program. So, if you didn’t contribute in December, you can still earn an entry!
- Monthly prizes will be awarded for winners, and every activity participated in earns an entry into the grand prize drawing for the Kindle Fire!
- It is not necessary to participate every month, but the more you participate, the more chances you have to win the Kindle (one entry per month).
- At any time during the contest, earn an extra entry into the final drawing by signing up for and trying Mango and/or RBdigital books and magazines (one entry for each)
- Check out a book that has a “Golden Ticket” hidden in it and earn up to two extra entries for the grand prize drawing.
- Last day to enter is Saturday, March 30, 2019. Drawing for the Kindle Fire will be held on Monday, April 1 (no foolin’!), at 11:00 on the north (adult) side of the library. You do not need to be present to win.
At home, in your car, anywhere you go, you can learn a new language! All you need is your library card!
Get more information on our website: fairburylibrary.org, or, stop by the library and staff will help you get started today learning a foreign language!
RBdigital ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines
Available titles for audiobooks and eBooks include bestsellers, Recorded Books exclusives, classics, and selections for children and young adults. Most are available immediately with no waiting!
Digital magazines offers over 180 choices of popular magazines. There are no limits to the number of magazines that can be checked out at one time and can be kept as long as you would like!