Welcome to StoryWalk® at Fairbury City Park!
The Storywalk® begins on the southeast side of the Frontier Fun Park near the gravel parking lot. From there, follow the story by walking around the circle! Featuring a new book every month so be sure to visit frequently!
For November: Turkey Trouble by Wendi Silvano
Turkey is in trouble. Bad trouble. The kind of trouble where it’s almost Thanksgiving . . . and you’re the main course. But Turkey has an idea–what if he doesn’t look like a turkey? What if he looks like another animal instead? After many hilarious attempts, Turkey comes up with the perfect disguise to make this Thanksgiving the best ever!
The StoryWalk® project was created by Ann Ferguson of Montpelier, VT and developed in collaboration with the Vermont Bicycle and Pedestrian Coalition and the Kellogg Hubbard Library. Storywalk® is a registered service mark owned by Ms. Ferguson.
The Library is giving away a Kindle fire!
Earn entries into a grand prize drawing for a Kindle fire by participating in monthly activities:
October – Guess the weight of the pumpkin
November – Play library Bingo
December – Make a donation of food or clothing to the children’s department
January – Name the shredded book
February – Guess how many candy hearts are in the jar
March – Complete a library scavenger hunt
- Monthly prizes will be awarded for winners, and every activity participated in earns an entry into the grand prize drawing for the Kindle Fire!
- It is not necessary to participate every month, but the more you participate, the more chances you have to win the Kindle (one entry per month).
- At any time during the contest, earn an extra entry into the final drawing by signing up for and trying Mango and/or RBdigital books and magazines (one entry for each)
- Check out a book that has a “Golden Ticket” hidden in it and earn up to two extra entries for the grand prize drawing.
- Last day to enter is Saturday, March 30, 2019. Drawing for the Kindle Fire will be held on Monday, April 1 (no foolin’!), at 11:00 on the north (adult) side of the library. You do not need to be present to win.
At home, in your car, anywhere you go, you can learn a new language! All you need is your library card!
Get more information on our website: fairburylibrary.org, or, stop by the library and staff will help you get started today learning a foreign language!
Now at the Library!!
RBdigital ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines
Available titles for audiobooks and eBooks include bestsellers, Recorded Books exclusives, classics, and selections for children and young adults. Most are available immediately with no waiting!
Digital magazines offers over 180 choices of popular magazines. There are no limits to the number of magazines that can be checked out at one time and can be kept as long as you would like!